April 27, 2017 - April 30, 3017
SAQA’s annual conference is an opportunity for our members to gather together, to network and socialize, to attend informative talks and presentations geared to help one grow as an artist, and to visit local art venues and landmarks.
The 2017 SAQA Conference “Creation to Curation” will be held April 27-30 in Lincoln, Nebraska. This will be a joint conference with the International Quilt Study Center and Museum.
- Exclusive behind the scene tours of the classrooms, studios and exhibitions at the International Quilt Study Center and Museum
- Keynote speech by world renowned quilter Michael James, Chair and Ardis James Professor of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln
- Breakout sessions on museum acquisitions, mock jurying, and educational approaches to touring galleries
- Student panel discussions and the return of the popular Lightning Talks (formerly PechaKucha)
- Opening of SAQA’s Layered Voices exhibition and the 2017 Trunk Show